Food Drive Suggestions
Throughout the course of the year HSP provides 123 TONS of food to the seniors, children and families enrolled in our programs. The feedback we receive from our families and seniors has shown us the tremendous need for nutritional support due to a high level of food insecurity among our clients. With the help of the community and individuals donating food we are able to meet the growing demand for life sustaining nutrition. The food is distributed to seniors through our Senior Citizen Project. Children and their families receive support through the Children’s Project and the Christmas Offering.
Most Needed Items:
- Pancake Mix & Syrup
- Peanut Butter & Jelly
- Granola Bars
- Canned Fruit and Vegetables
- Canned and Dry Beans
- Rice & Rice Meals
- Pasta & Pasta Sauce
- Boxed Potatoes and Stuffing
- Main Meals (Beef Stew, Chili, Ravioli)
- Canned Meat and Tuna
- Coffee, Tea
Click here to print the Food Drive flyer.
How to organize:
- Create a flyer for your group listing our most needed items or print a copy of our food drive flyer from our website. Include when and where to drop off the food and how long the drive will be.
- Explain that the food will be used to feed local low-income seniors, children and their families.
- Make it fun! Groups can give each grade, classroom, or department a specific item to collect, and compete to see who collects the most.
- Ask grocery stores, companies or neighbors for donations.
- Deliver food drive items to HSP Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Please call ahead at 630-221-8340 to let us know when you will be arriving.